The UCIPR partner Crisis Management Initiative (CMI) is seeking a Coordinator for its project “Building Resilience to Conflict Through Dialogue”. The project is funded by the European Union and supports the implementation of activities of the National Platform – Dialogue on Peace and Secure Reintegration.
Crisis Management Initiative is an independent, non-governmental organisation that works to resolve conflicts and build sustainable peace across the globe. It was founded in 2000 by the Nobel Peace Prize laureate and former President of Finland Martti Ahtisaari (for more information please visit our website http://cmi.fi/).
The main responsibilities of the Project Coordinator will include:
- Coordinating the implementation of project activities in Ukraine;
- Providing substantive, operational and administrative support in the implementation of Project public and closed-door events (conceptual development / project management, organization of National Platform sessions and other Project related events);
- Coordination in monitoring and reporting the implementation of project activities, including collecting documents and data;
- Developing and maintaining relationships and communication with Project stakeholders and target groups in Ukraine;
- Contributing to the overall project planning, including updating and communicating project work-plans and calendar;
- Providing first-line operational support and trouble shooting for the partner organisations, project consultants and experts;
- Coordinating the operations of the CMI office in Kyiv, including coordinating schedules and appointments;
- Providing practical and logistical support to team members, experts, partner organizations, stakeholders and beneficiaries;
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Have minimum 3 years of experience of working with international projects or in similar positions (business/NGO local and international);
- Be familiar with conflict settlement and mediation processes and with grant conditions of the European Union will be considered as an asset;
- Have a strong command of Ukrainian, English and Russian languages;
- Have excellent written, communication and analytical skills with ability to pay attention to details;
- Have excellent relationship building skills, good judgement for working with politically sensitive issues;
- Be a good team worker while being able to work autonomously, have a pro-active attitude, ready to adjust to a fast-paced virtual team environment, with colleagues based in multiple locations and time zones;
- Ability to solve problems and manage time effectively;
- Excellent ICT skills, especially with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and virtual communication tools.
The starting date for this full-time position is the earliest possible date. CMI offers a consultancy contract for 6 months with competitive financial compensation and with the possibility to be renewed for a further 18 months.
Please send your full CV, motivation letter together with contact details for references and an indication of your expectation regarding monthly rate by Midnight 24 June 2020 by email with the reference “Project Coordinator” to email@example.com . Only successful candidates fulfilling all the requirements will be short-listed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Telephone enquiries cannot be answered.