“The Ukrainian healthcare system is not unique, so you should not look for complicated ways. You need to use the experience of the countries that have achieved certain results,” said Peter Ross at a meeting in the RPR Coalition’s office on August 23. He is a CEO and is a founder of SMIS International. The main activity of the company is the implementation of eHealth in more than 10 countries.
During the discussion, business representatives, international and Ukrainian experts agreed with Mr. Ross that it is necessary to adapt modern global eHealth models to the experience of Ukraine.
It is also necessary to:
- Ensure a strategic approach to eHealth implementation, in line with the development of a single national eHealth strategy;
- Improve the quality of service for patients who are the primary eHealth recipients;
- Ensure equal and high-quality access to electronic services for every Ukrainian;
- Introduce electronic services without keeping old “paper” processes in place – it is expensive and economically unsound;
- Take into account a wise idea of the division of responsibilities between the two persons who will bear the responsibility for the system. The System Business Architect will be responsible for setting up eHealth development and management processes, and the Technical Architect will oversee the system’s technical development and support at all levels.