Most Ukrainians (62%) welcomed the first steps of President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyi. The activity of the President is negatively assessed by every fourth citizen (24%). This is evidenced by the results of a public opinion poll conducted by the Ilko Kucheriv Democratic Initiatives Foundation in cooperation with the Kyiv International Institute of Sociology.
Ukrainians are positive about the following steps by Volodymyr Zelenskyi:
- Initiation of negotiations with Russian President Vladimir Putin to resolve the Donbas conflict (positive – 75%, negative – 15%);
- Withdrawal of troops from the demarcation line in Donbas (positive – 59%, negative – 26%);
- Granting citizenship to foreigners who defended the territorial integrity of Ukraine (positive – 61%, negative – 17%);
- Resuming dialogue with Poland on problematic historical issues (positive – 63%, negative – 10%);
- Legalization of amber production (positive – 71%, negative – 13%);
- Updating of the composition of the Central Election Commission (positive – 49%, negative – 13,5%).
The following decisions of the President are negatively perceived by citizens:
- Launch of the agricultural land market (positive – 24%, negative – 58%),
- Privatization of large state-owned enterprises (positive – 22%, negative – 55%),
- Legalization of gambling (positive – 38%, negative – 49%).