The draft law aims to settle the following norms and regulations:
– to regulate the relationship between business and service centers during service or repair of cash registers. Thus, if a service center fails to repair a register over six days, it is proposed to oblige it to bring into service a reserve cash register, and should the register be damaged, to provide replacement, change, and maintenance of the new cash register before the end of its service life.
– to remove from the law the binding availability of price tag on goods in a monetary form, as it is not a subject-matter of law on the use of cash registers, but that of the law on consumer protection;
– to introduce article 171, introducing responsibility of manufacturers, suppliers and service centers for violation of this law;
– to introduce compensations to economic entities by considering money spent for the purchase of modems or cash registers creating control tape in electronic form as tax liabilities;
– to prohibit demanding an ID to purchase and sell foreign currency.